Mar 10th, 2018
She grew up in the gorgeous medieval town of Silves and moved to Faro when she was ten. Having lived and worked in the Algarve all her life, she has a group of fascinating friends and has accomplished success as a restaurateur. We're looking forward to hearing her story!
- Izzy´s roots in a vineyard near Silves and moving to Faro as a young girl.
- Faro 30 years ago... an ugly city and it's current rise as a beautiful tourism destination in the Vila Adentro with art galleries, restaurants, Cathedral of Sé, Faro Marina, Ria Formosa, Hotel Eva's rooftop pool parties, Columbus bar, Guaka Mexican Restaurant, Hotel Faro for a coffee and a meal.
- We discuss the diversity of the Algarve, a common theme amongst all my guests and BPM festival in Praia da Rocha (near Portimão), Medieval Festival in Silves, Loulé and it's architecture, restoring buildings and creating festivals that celebrate the past.
- Izzy's favourite place in the Algarve: Faro. She talks about how the University gave the city life and creates more culture along with the Faro Municipal Theatre (Teatro das Figuras). We also talk about the Loule Cineteatro and the closed Almançil Theatre.
- The story of Izzy´s Restaurant in-between Vale do Lobo and Quinta do Lago. How she called Jorge Battista (at the request of a friend and investor) who owned the restaurant next door to her old employers, Julias Restaurant, and found out it was for sale...
- Sunset parties at Izzy´s and how they started... with Alan Shearer's birthday. Sunday became the fun day and Izzy's Sunday Sunset parties.
- Celebrities at Izzy's: Steven Gerrard (football player), Wayne Rooney (football player), Bradley Walsh (British Actor), Chris Evans (radio/tv presenter), Duncan Bannatyne (businessman), John Terry (football player), Michael Owen (football player), Rio Ferdinand (football player), Rubens Barichello (Formula 1 driver), Tiger Woods (golfer), Jo Malone (British perfume businesswoman).
- Quinta Burger with João Sotto Mayor (who opened the first hamburgeuria in the Algarve). We discuss Gourmet Hamburgers vs McDonalds and Jamie Oliver's pink slime food fight.
- ByIzzy events, sunset parties in Vale do Lobo (Sandbanks), boat parties, Sunset with Villa Vita at Praia Dourado in Armção de Péra.
- The future of the Algarve... Quarteira. Tico Tico Restaurant, Hotel Dom José
- Minas do Sal in Loulé (the salt mines) and the famous Benagil caves.
- Follow Izzy on her site www.byizzy.com and her ByIzzy Instagram.